I am available for freelance editing and translation work. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and references.
I have over five years experience editing–most extensively as Web and Managing Editor, respectively, at the North American Congress on Latin America. My editing work has ranged from simple proofreading and line edits to more extensive and substantive edits to helping authors conceptualize both long and short-form articles on a range of complex topics. I am trained as a Writing Tutor and fluent in AP Style. I also have experience editing translations from Spanish and work by non-native English speakers, as well as on academic manuscripts.
Some samples of my editing work follow:
- Puja Changoiwala, “How India Fails its Rape Survivors,” World Politics Review, Sept. 24, 2019
- Victoria McKenzie and Steven Cohen, “Death and Displacement: a USAID Export,” NACLA Report, June 18, 2018
- Paul Amar, “Military Capitalism,” NACLA Report, March 29, 2018
- Jonathan Devore, “Odebrecht’s Original Sins,” NACLA Report, Dec. 13, 2017
- Gabriela Valdivia, “Oil Citizens of the Revolution,” NACLA Report, Dec. 13, 2017
- Tomas Salem, “Diplomats or Warriors? The Failure of Rio’s Pacification Project,” NACLA Report, Sept. 14, 2017
- Gabriel Hetland, “Why is Venezuela Spiraling out of Control?” NACLA,April 28, 2017
- Patrick Timmons, “Every Journalist Mourns a Dead Journalist,” NACLA, Sept. 16, 2016
- Sarah Kinosian, John Lindsay-Poland and Lisa Haugaard. “The US Shouldn’t Export Colombia’s Drug War ‘Success,'” InSight Crime, July 9, 2018